Pack the Perfect Gym Bag
Forgetting your gym bag can be quite an emotional roller-coaster. It’s disappointing when you’re out and about and you suddenly have the urge to exercise, but you don’t have the proper gear with you. Other times, it’s a surge of relief after a long day and realize you can take the night off because you’re unprepared. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for you, you’ll never have to skip a workout again if you leave these essentials in your gym bag:
- Snack: Sometimes the only thing standing between you and a good workout is a lack of energy. Give yourself a boost by leaving a healthy snack in your bag like almonds.
- Socks: You may remember to leave an extra set of clothes in your bag for impromptu sweat sessions, but how many times do you have everything but your socks? Leave an extra pair tucked into your bag, especially during winter months when the socks you’re wearing may not be gym-approved.
- Deodorant and Body Spray: Freshen up before and after your workout. Don’t have time to shower? No problem. Not only will a little spritz of body spray make you smell nice, but also the alcohol will help dry up some of the sweat on your skin.
- Hair Ties: Yay! You remembered to bring a hair tie with you today! What’s that? Oh no – it broke. Always keep extra in your bag just in case one decides to snap or your workout buddy needs one.
- Makeup Remover Wipes: We know it might be a scary thought, but ladies, remove your makeup before you work out. Sweating with makeup on may clog your pores and lead to breakouts. Prevent raccoon eyes and keep your skin clear by using a wipe before and after your workout.
- Headphones: Many people consider forgetting headphones to be the kiss of death to their workout. Never have this problem again by leaving an extra set in your bag.
- Water Bottle: It’s essential to stay hydrated before, during, and after your workout. Leave an empty reusable water bottle in your gym bag that you can fill up at the water fountain.
- Dry Shampoo: Dry shampoo is a miracle in a bottle. Spray lightly on your roots and massage into your scalp to help absorb the excess oils. Did you log a couple extra miles on the treadmill today but can’t shower until you get home? Blow dry your roots to dry up the extra sweat then apply dry shampoo as normal.
Your bag is packed. You’re ready. It’s time to hit the gym.